In the morning we pick you up from the seaport of Muscat or your hotel, check the availability of trekking shoes (CROCs are suitable, in extreme cases, sneakers or sneakers), sunblock, hats, waterproof cases for phones (or other means of photo and video recording) and leave towards the city of Sur along the Omani coast.
Majestic mountains and the ocean will be constantly visible on almost the entire route of our journey. Travel time will take about two hours. Upon arrival, a boat awaits us, which will transfer from one coast to another, journey time is about 3-5 minutes, after which we will have a trip along Wadi oasis, which will take about 40 minutes one way. Having reached the point after which the walking path ends, at the request of the group, part can stay on the shore and enjoy the crystal clear pool under the warm and pleasant sun, and part go further along the waterway. The total length of the waterway is about 400 meters, but this does not mean that the whole the path must be sailed, almost all the way we will walk on water, only in some places it is necessary to swim, to a very unusual grotto, inside which you will see an indescribable natural waterfall with almost drinking water.
After enjoying Wadi, we move back to our car and go to the most beautiful karst lake in the world, which has the name Sink Hole.
According to local legends, they say that a star fell into this place, which formed a funnel and underwater waters filled it with azure water. This will be the final point of our exciting journey. But before heading to this lake, we will stop for an Omani-style lunch at a local restaurant.
After that, we get into the minibus, car and go back to Muscat.
Brief chronology of the tour:
- Transfer from Muscat
- Oasis Wadi Shab
- Lunch time
- Sink Hole Karst Lake
- Transfer to Muscat
- The tour is designed for the whole day, approximately 6-8 hours, depending on the number of people in the group.
- Distance from Muscat seaport to Wadi Shab is approximately 170 km one way.
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included in the price of the tour, we also fully provide drinks and water during this tour
- The tour involves passing through rough terrain, so we strongly recommend that you have comfortable sneakers or special shoes with non-slippery soles. In extreme cases, we advise you to have slippers of the CROCS type (with a heel) for a comfortable transition through the gorge and water rifts on large round pebbles
- The passage itself through the Wadi Shab valley is not dangerous and has no steppe danger, but for a comfortable visit, we recommend that you follow our recommendations.
- On an individual basis, this tour can include a visit to the dam, which is filled with fresh water, but this must be individually agreed with me before ordering this tour.
- The tour is designed for those who are interested in seeing one of the most visited natural attractions in Oman!